Wide Web Virtual Library (WWW-VL) central catalogue
Main History Index and
the WWW-VL History Index Network.
University Institute's Library and History
& Civilisation Department Web Sites.
Russian History Index
Gateways & Indexes
| Lists |
| Institutions & Societies
| Russian Institutions & Universities |
[ Web Publications:
| Essays & Articles |
Research Projects ]
Kievan and Pre-Kievan Russia |
Appanage Russia |
Muscovite Russia |
| Imperial Russia |
Soviet Union |
Russian Federation ]
Science & Technology |
[ Other (Utilities):
| Russian Mass-Media
| Russian Search Engines
| Dictionnaries & Encyclopaedia
| Databases ]
- NISjobs: This list is for postings jobs related to the former Soviet Union. The jobs are mostly located in the US for non-profit organizations or elsehwere in Central and Eastern Europe NIS. There are usually 0 to 5 postings a day and you are encouraged to forward interesting jobs to the list.
- Eurasia Geopolitics: Eurasia Geopolitics is a mailing list on eGroups and a useful source of information on Russia, the rest of the former Soviet Union, and Middle East. The list is sponsored by the Eurasia Research Center. List archives contain a variety of articles and reports on countries and issues of the region.
- Forced Migration History This list serves to encourage the exchange of ideas and information on population displacements in twentieth century European history, and to explore the inter-relationship of migration/resettlement with nationalism, state formation and the construction of social identities. Loosely affiliated to a Manchester University research project on population displacement in the lands of the former tsarist empire, and therefore with a strong emphasis on issues in Russian and Soviet History.
- H-RussiaH-Russia encourages scholarly discussion of Russian and Soviet history and makes available diverse bibliographical, research and teaching aids. (there is also the
H-Net's Job Guide covering positions in History and other fields in the Humanities).
- New-Humanism Russia: Information and activities about Human Aid actions, Centers for Cultures and all other organizations within the New Humanism, to make contact, to collaborate and to cooperate with people, collectivities and associations in Russia in order to work together in social projects and campaigns and in the development of the Humanist Movement. This is an Spanish-English bilingual list.
- Russia-civil-military : This is an electronic discussion list for researchers and other people interested in contemporary and historical aspects of civil-military relations in Russia. The list is based at the Center for Russian and Eastern European Studies of the University of Birmingham.
- Russian-studies: The list is mainly intended for members of the UK academic community studying all topics related to the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe and corresponds to the area of interest of BASEES, the British Association for Slavonic and East European Studies. The list is moderated by the Centre for Russian and East European Studies at the University of Birmingham.
[Return to the Top of the Page]
[Return to the Russian History Index ]
[WWW VL central catalogue]
[WWW VL Search Facility]
[WWW VL Main History Index
About the WWW VL History Index Network
EUI's Department of History and Civilisation
About the Russian History Index
The Russian History Index is made of different pages which are always under
construction. You will find Virtual Resources produced in Russia together with
world-wide Resources if they are dealing with the history of Russia.
The URL of this page is
The Russian History Index is a joint project between
SocietÓ Italiana per lo Studio della Storia Contemporanea
Web Site), the
European University Institute's Library
History & Civilisation Department
The Russian History Index was created in April 2000
About the WWW VL History Network
The World Wide Web Virtual Library is a collection of related Websites maintained by institutions throughout the world. For more information on the History Network Project, go to
About the Maintainer
The site is managed by Daria Khlestkina [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Please direct your notices of new
URL's or inoperative links to her here.
Last updated the 26of October 2001.