Wide Web Virtual Library (WWW-VL) central catalogue .
Main History Index and
Sites Maintainers .
the WWW-VL History Index Network.
University Institute's Library and History
& Civilisation Department Web Sites.
Russian History Index
Gateways & Indexes
| Lists |
| Institutions & Societies
| Russian Institutions & Universities ]
[ Web Publications:
| Essays & Articles ]
Research Projects ]
Kievan and Pre-Kievan Russia |
Appanage Russia |
Muscovite Russia |
| Imperial Russia |
Soviet Union |
Russian Federation ]
Science & Technology |
| Russian Mass-Media
| Russian Search Engines
| Databases ]
- All Regions of Russia by Pictures: Joint Russian-American site (Pushchino-Tennesee) is dedicated to different sides of Russian and American live and supplied with numerous database, including the good collection of photographs from different regions of Russia.
- Altai Regional Server of Historical Research and Education: A very good site which gets you acquainted with the condition of historical science in the Altai region, paying attention to the projects, publications and educational as well as other institutions dealing with history. The site also offers internet links related to the region.
- Bashkortostan: Information center (in Russian).
- Chechnya: The site contains the short history of the Chechen people and current news with a lot of links.
- Crimea history: A good site which publishes articles and historical materials devoted to the history of Crimea. Has a lot of illustrations. Maintained by George Page, Micha Jelisavcic, John Sloan (Xenophon Group International).
- Crimean Tatar Internet Resources: Good gateway to "Crimean" links. (author Fevzi Alimoglu).
- Crimean Tatar Home Page: This page is is sponsored by SOTA, Research Center for Turkestan and Azerbaijan, located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. Established in 1991 by Mehmet Tutuncu, the Center is dedicated to research on the Turkic Peoples of the former Soviet Union and the promotion of human rights, democratic governments and peace in the Turkic World.
- Web-server "Karelia": All kind of information about this region.
- Karelian Barents Center: Founded by The Barents Secretariat in Kirkenes (Norway), Petrozavodsk State University (Russia) and the Government of the Republic of Karelia (Russia), the Karelian Barents Center aims to foster and strengthen ties between Republic of Karelia and Barents Euro-Arctic Region's participants in political, economic, scientific and educational, social, cultural and other spheres, provide more active participation of the Republic of Karelia in the Barents co-operation, and within the co-operation to foster and strengthen the ties between RK on the one hand and Norway, Finland and Sweden on the other hand. The Barents Center hosts many different projects and the basic tasks of its activities are interaction with the project executors, co-ordination of the joint activities within the framework of the projects, consulting, exchanging information, organising meetings, seminars, working sessions.
- Mari El: Government, culture, Internet resources and other useful information about the Republic Mari El (maintained by Martelcom, in Russian).
- Russian Regional Studies Network: Based at the EastWest Institute (New York), RRSN is a virtual community of specialists dedicated to the study of Russia's 89 constituent parts.
- Russia City and Region Links: List of Russian regional websites (provided by MIRHouse Publishing).
- Russian Cities: Index of Russian Cities with photographs and general information.
- Russian- Ukranian History: Mostly illustrations but also other printed materials on Russian and Ukranian history. Maintained by George Page, Micha Jelisavcic, John Sloan (Xenophon Group International).
- Republic of Sakha (Iakutia): The server of the Republic with all kind of information about it.
- Siberia WWW Virtual Library: Created at the Slavic Research Center at Hokkaido University, member of the WWW Virtual Library, this site is a good gateway to internet resources related to Siberia.
- Sibirskaia Zaimka: A very good, professional site which contains a catalogue of resources, divided by sections such as archeology, exploration of Siberia, nomads, religion, Siberian traditions, history of the Cossaks and many others (in Russian).
- Tatarstan: History, Culture, Science, Religion (maintained by the Kazan State University, in English).
- Udmurtia: Location, brief history, population, resources, economic, culture (in English).
- Ukranian History: Chronology of Ukranian history provided by the InfoUkes (Canada)-an internet information resource about Ukraine and Ukrainians.
- Volga River Cruise Moscow to Samara: A reference site devoted to Russian cities along the Volga River, consisting of two parts. Part I is a sequential listing of all noted villages and landmarks from Moscow to Samara. Part II is a detailed description of the history of the major cities along the route.
[Return to the Top of the Page]
[Return to the Russian History Index ]
[WWW VL central catalogue]
[WWW VL Search Facility]
[WWW VL Main History Index
About the WWW VL History Index Network
EUI's Department of History and Civilisation
About the Russian History Index
The Russian History Index is made of different pages which are always under
construction. You will find Virtual Resources produced in Russia together with
world-wide Resources if they are dealing with the history of Russia.
The URL of this page is
The Russian History Index is a joint project between
SocietÓ Italiana per lo Studio della Storia Contemporanea
Web Site), the
European University Institute's Library
History & Civilisation Department
The Russian History Index was created in April 2000
About the WWW VL History Network
The World Wide Web Virtual Library is a collection of related Websites maintained by institutions throughout the world. For more information on the History Network Project, go to
About the Maintainers
The site is managed by Daria Khlestkina [email@example.com].
Please direct your notices of new
URL's or inoperative links to her here.
Natalia Kopelyanskaya (Cultural History)
Gijs Kessler (General Assistance)
Last updated the 20of April 2001