Wide Web Virtual Library (WWW-VL) central catalogue
Main History Index and
the WWW-VL History Index Network.
University Institute's Library and History
& Civilisation Department Web Sites.
Russian History Index
Gateways & Indexes
Gateways & Indexes
| Lists |
| Institutions & Societies
| Russian Institutions & Universities |
[ Web Publications:
| Essays & Articles |
Research Projects ]
Kievan and Pre-Kievan Russia |
Appanage Russia |
Muscovite Russia |
| Imperial Russia |
Soviet Union |
Russian Federation ]
Science & Technology |
[ Other (Utilities):
| Russian Mass-Media
| Russian Search Engines
| Dictionnaries & Encyclopaedia
| Databases ]
Indexes of Virtual Resources in Russian History - Russian History Gateways
- AAASS-American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies is an organisation dedicated to the advancement of knowledge about culture, history, languages and economy of Russia, the Former Soviet Union and Central & Eastern Europe. Their site provides a significant amount of useful links.
- The Bucknell University Russian Studies Programm: The Russian Studies Programm of the Bucknell University (Lewisburg, USA ) provides original materials on the history of Russia and the Russian language, and in addition has selected lots of links to information about other aspects of Russian life and society, including politics, news, art, music, and literature.
- The Bucknell Russian History: As a part of Bucknell University Russian Studies Programm this site links you directly to the history section, which contains some information of a general nature, among others links to further sites dealing with the history of Russia as well as chronologies.
- Central Asian Studies World Wide (Harvard Forum for Central Asian Studies) is meant to provide a global perspective on Central Asia studies, and to provide a key point of access to the highly dispersed resources in this field. It seeks to provide basic information which is useful to both "beginners" and "experts", encompassing all fields of the social sciences and humanities wherever in the world people engage in such study. This site is sponsored by the Harvard Forum for Central Asian Studies, but it is not oriented toward Harvard in particular. "Central Asia" is defined as the region from Iranian Azerbaijan and the Turkic/Muslim regions of southern Russia in the west, through northern Afghanistan and southern Siberia, to Tibet and Mongolia in the east. The site provides basic information about the field of Central Asian studies - where to find what has been done in the field, information about and links to research and training institutions and libraries, and gives some basic reference tools.
- Central Asia Experts Directory (Harvard Forum for Central Asian Studies): Part of the «Central Asian Studies World Wide» website, that provides a guide to scholars of Central Asia, a guide to scholarly resources, reading and discussion lists. You can search for people who can provide information, analysis and guidance on topics related to Central Asia.
- Cheri C. Wilson's (Ph.D. candidate in Russian history at the University of Minnesota) Professional Home Page: Excellent gateway to Russia-related subjects, covering resources, professional associations, Russian history and culture, museums, philosophical thought, music, and several other useful links.
- Chris Chulos Home Page (University of Helsinki): Beautifully made webpage with links related to the History of Russia.
- Friends and Partners: Friends and Partners is one of the first Internet services developed jointly by citizens of the United States and Russia.The site offers a very good collection of links on many aspects of Russian Studies.
- Funet Russian Archive: Archive for Russian related files at Espoo Finnish University and Research Network. The site is a storage of any electronic material concerning Russia for scientific and educational use. There is also a History directory.
- Historical Text Archive: Russia: A collection of links related to the history of Russia.
- INFOMINE: INFOMINE is intended for the introduction and use of Internet/Web resources of relevance to faculties, students, and research staff at the university level. It is being offered as a comprehensive showcase, virtual library and reference tool containing highly useful Internet/Web resources like databases, electronic journals, electronic books, bulletin boards, listservs, online library card catalogs, articles and directories of researchers, as well as many other types of information. (Here I gave the connection with the "history and humanities" section, and don't be scared off by the first letter "A", you can just choose your first letter ("R" for Russia, for example) according to your subject).
- Inter-History: Inter-History catalog is the part of educational server "Kleio", supported by the "History and computer" association. Inter-History is the catalog of historical resources mainly concentraded in Russia and SNG, with the scientific-educational caracter.
- INTERNET-ISTORIJA: INTERNET-ISTORIJA
is a very good private non-governmental catalog of links to Russian historical WWW resources, both scientific and non-scientific. The author-Vakhmistrov Vladimir is a graduade of the Rossijskij Gosudarstvennyj Gumanitarnyj Universitet.
- Internet Resources for Russian Studies of Slavic Research Center, Hokkaido University (Japan) is one of the best indexes of Slavic resources for today. Contains a vast collection of URLs divided by categories.
- January 2000 Internet Resources - Russian Studies: Excellent links to other sites in the areas of history, politics and culture (publication of the Association of College & Research Libraries).
- List of Russian WWW servers of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- REECA Web A Guide to Russian, Eastern European and Central Asian Collections at University of Wisconsin - Madison Libraries.
- REENIC - Russian & Eastern European Network Information Center (the University of Texas, Austin) is a collection of links to web-sites with information about Eastern Europe, Russia and the countries of the Former Soviet Union.
- REESWeb (Center for Russian and east European Studies, University of Pittsburg: Index of electronic resources on Russia, the Former Soviet Union and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Russia On The Web: Annotated directory of Russia-related links assembled by the Transnational Institute (network of Russian, American, and West European organizations). Covers news, newsgroups and search engines, Russian-Western projects with funding information, business and economy, culture and art, education, history, language and literature, philosophy, religion, society, law, politics, and discussion groups on Russian culture and society.
- Russian History on the Web (Marshall Poe, Ph.D): excellent, well-organized site on Russian historical resources on the Internet. The site is intended primarily for academic researchers, teachers and students.
- Sher's Russian Index index of Russia-related web-sites. Very good collection of index sites and URLs concerning Russia.
- Slavic, East European, and Former USSR Resources: This web page is part of a series of subject pages maintained by librarians at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. The main areas of interest are Eastern Europe including Finland, (but not including, at this point, the former German Democratic Republic), the Former USSR, and surrounding areas.
- Siberia WWW Virtual Library: Created at the Slavic Research Center at Hokkaido University, member of the WWW Virtual Library, this site is a good gateway to internet resources related to Siberia.
- Slavophilia is a comprehensive guide to Internet resources on Russia and Eastern Europe.
[Return to the Top of the Page]
[Return to the Russian History Index ]
[WWW VL central catalogue]
[WWW VL Search Facility]
[WWW VL Main History Index
About the WWW VL History Index Network
EUI's Department of History and Civilisation
About the Russian History Index
The Russian History Index is made of different pages which are always under
construction. You will find Virtual Resources produced in Russia together with
world-wide Resources if they are dealing with the history of Russia.
The URL of this page is
The Russian History Index is a joint project between
Societą Italiana per lo Studio della Storia Contemporanea
Web Site), the
European University Institute's Library
History & Civilisation Department
The Russian History Index was created in April 2000
About the WWW VL History Network
The World Wide Web Virtual Library is a collection of related Websites maintained by institutions throughout the world. For more information on the History Network Project, go to
About the Maintainers
The site is managed by Daria Khlestkina [email@example.com].
Please direct your notices of new
URL's or inoperative links to her here.
Natalia Kopelyanskaya (Cultural History)
Gijs Kessler (General Assistance)
Last updated the 16 of July 2001.