News from Cameroon
Actualité du Cameroun
Click here for
World-Wide Web Virtual Library (WWW-VL) History Central Catalogue
Please send comments, suggestions and recommendations
for new sites to add to this index to here.
- German Mandate/Colony, 1881-1914
Outline of the History of German Mandate of Cameroon
[In German, with map and graphics]
Pages and Pictures About/from the Former German Colonies
- 1884, 14 July, Germans take over the coast of Cameroon and establish a protectorate over the territory
- 1887, Eugen Zintgraff Establishes Control over the Northwestern Interior
- 1893, Bloody Clashes Between German and English
- Rich Rubber Resources Found in Southwest. Germans Moving into the District,
Fight Bloody Battles Against the Joko and Ngaundere Tribesmen
- Administration of Jesco von Puttkammer (1895-1906).
Infrastructure Nuilt – Plantations, Roads, Enfingof Tribal Warfare
- 1909, Medical Stations and Leprosaria Established.
- 1913, Frech Seize Some Districts in the East of Cameroon
- 1914 , Douala taken by Allies. All Germans Interned and Their Properties Seized
- Cameroon in the First World War
- Trommeln rufen durch Kamerun
- 1919, France Given the Mandate Over Cameroon
"Cameroon", Encyclopaedia Britannica. 18th Ed., 1920
- 1961 October 12, Independence.
Cameroonian Revolt 1984
- Development of the German Colonial Policy
- The German Empire in Africa
- Overviews of the Colonies
- Postal History
- The First World War
RETURN TO INDEX
Send comments and suggestions to