SPANISH HISTORY INDEX: Discussion Lists
*section not yet available
Click here to add a new site to the Spanish History Index.
To subscribe to any of the discussion lists just mentioned send the message sub "name of the list" and your name (example sub colon John Smith) to the address: LISTSERV@LISTSERV.REDIRIS.ES .
- AARMS (U. Kansas) firstname.lastname@example.org SUBSCRIBE AARMS-L firstname lastname. Official discussion list of the American Academy of Research Historians of Medieval Spain. Sponsored by the University of Kansas .
- ALBA LISTPROC@LISTS.NYU.EDU SUBCRIBE ALBA firstname lastname. List of the veterans of the A. Lincoln brigate (VALB). Spanish Civil War and antifascism between 1920-1940. The list is run by the Veterans of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade (VALB) and the Archives of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade (ALBA). The purpose of the listserv is to promote international discussion on topics relating to Spain's Second Republic, the Spanish Civil War, the experience of the International Brigades, and the anti-fascist struggles of the 1920s and 1930s. To subscribe: send email to LISTPROC@LISTS.NYU.EDU . In the body of the email just enter SUBCRIBE ALBA first name last name.
- ANTROPOL-LIST (U. of Oviedo, Spain): Anthropology. Antropolemail@example.com
- ANT-ARQ (U. of Barcelone): Archeology and Anthropology. firstname.lastname@example.org
- LECANARIEN ( Red Canaria , associated to Red IRIS ): History and Culture of the Canary islands.
Send an email to the address email@example.com with the following text (no subject): SUBSCRIBE LeCanarien EXIT ( where exit must be the last line of the text).
- CATALIST . Catalan discussion lists.
- CERVANTES firstname.lastname@example.org SUBSCRIBE CERVANTES firstname lastname . (Idem).
- COMEDIA email@example.com SUBSCRIBE COMEDIA firstname lastname. Spanish theater of the Golden Age. Official site of the Association of Hispanic Classical Theater. Moderator: Vern Williamsen . firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ESPANA-L LISTSERV@VM.STLAWU.EDU SUBSCRIBE ESPANA-L. General discussion on Spanish Topics.
To subscribe: send e-mail to LISTSERV@VM.STLAWU.EDU ; in the body of the message, type SUBSCRIBE ESPANA-L followed by your name.
- ESPORA-L (U. Kansas): email@example.com SUBSCRIBE ESPORA-L name. Iberian History (all historical periods). Official discussion list of SSPHS . ESPORA-L is the official electronic mail information and discussion list for the SSPHS. The list serves as a forum for debate and discussion of all aspects of Portuguese and Spanish history and culture, in any chronological era. Members also distribute news and information on their own and SSPHS activities and projects via ESPORA-L. Although the command language of ESPORA-L is English, postings in Portuguese, Spanish, and Catalan are welcome, and members are encouraged to communicate in whichever language they are most comfortable. ESPORA-L is sponsored by the University of Kansas. To subscribe: send e-mail to LISTPROC@UKANS.EDU ; in the body of the message, type SUBSCRIBE ESPORA-L followed by your name. For example, SUBSCRIBE ESPORA-L Jane Q. User
- FIL-HIST-LIST (U. of Oviedo, Spain): History and Filosophy. firstname.lastname@example.org .
- FIL-RELI-LIST (U. of Oviedo, Spain): Filosophy and History of Religion. email@example.com
- GCE GCE-REQUEST@TINET.FUT.ES SUBSCRIBE. Spanish Civil War (1936-39). A list devoted to discussion of any topic related to the Spanish Civil War. Preferred languages for postings are Spanish and English. To subscribe: send email to GCE-REQUEST@TINET.FUT.ES ; in the body of the message type SUBSCRIBE.
- IBERIA MAILBASE@MAILBASE.AC.UK join iberia firstname lastname. Information for libraries and researchers interested on Spanish topics. IBERIA provides a forum for the dissemination of information and the discussion of matters of common concern among subject specialists, librarians, academic staff, postgraduate students and others in the field of Spanish and Portuguese studies. To subscribe: send email to MAILBASE@MAILBASE.AC.UK; in the body of the message type (typing your own personal names instead of firstname(s) and lastname): join iberia firstname(s) lastname.
- H-CERVANTES firstname.lastname@example.org sub H-Cervantes name, institution . Multidisciplinary list about Cervantes, his life, work and historical enviroment. H-Cervantes is a network for scholars and professionals active in studies related to Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. It encourages scholarly exchanges on all aspects of the author, his works, his circle, his times, and scholarship on the era, and welcomes participation by scholars/specialists from all disciplines. To subscribe: send email to email@example.com ; in the body of the message type sub H-Cervantes your name, institution Example: sub H-Cervantes Jane Smith, Illinois State U. Follow the instructions in the reply that LISTSERV will send you in response to this command. You will receive a questionnaire; when you have returned it, the editors can add you to the list. To unsubscribe, send the command SIGNOFF H-Cervantes in email to firstname.lastname@example.org . To participate: send comments and queries H-Cervantes@h-net.msu.edu .
- HCIENCIA-LIST (U. of Oviedo, Spain): History of Science. email@example.com
- Proyect " Historia-UNI ". Discussion list at the Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (Lima, Peru). Development of research on history and new technologies (firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , and firstname.lastname@example.org ). Responsible Isaac Cazorla Moquillaza, Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, Rectorado / Proyecto Historia-UNI, Aptdo 1301 - Lima. Tel. 481-1070 (anexo 227)
- JUDAISMO : Spanish publication of the Tora email@example.com
- L-Thalassa (Peru): Latinamerican Maritime and Naval History. firstname.lastname@example.org
- LAJSA-LIST : Jewish population in Latinoamerica. email@example.com
- MEDIBER (UCLA) firstname.lastname@example.org ADD MEDIBER firstname lastname. Medieval Spanish history.
- MOTOLINIA-LIST (U. of Oviedo, Spain): History of Christian Theology in Latinamerica. email@example.com
- ORFEO firstname.lastname@example.org Moderator Ted McVay email@example.com. Spanish poetry from the Renaissance and the Barroque.
- RHLA-L : Latinamerican Network for Humanities firstname.lastname@example.org
- SANTIAGO email@example.com SUBSCRIBE SANTIAGO firstname lastname. Pilgrimages to Santiago de Compostela in Medieval and Contemporary times.
University of Oviedo:
To subscribe send the following message to
firstname.lastname@example.org subscribe <name of the list>
U. Complutense, Madrid
- email@example.com Discussion Group on Spanish History and Law (Ancient and Medieval Spanish History).
U. of Malaga .
- BIBUNIV . E-mail: Bibuniv@uma.es. To subscribe: subscribe (your e-mail) to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org
About the SPANISH HISTORY Index
The Spanish History Index is made of different pages which are always under construction. You will find Virtual Resources produced in Spain together with world-wide Resources if they are dealing with the history of Spain.
The URL of this page is http://vlib.iue.it/hist-spain/
The Spanish History Index is a joint project between the European University Institute's Library and the History & Civilisation Department
The Spanish History Index was created in 1995 and became part of the WWW-VL History Network in May 1999
The WWW VL Spanish History Index is sending a logo to the best Spanish History Sites
The icon is placed where full electronic versions of primary sources are to be found.
WWW-VL Spanish Museums
About the Maintainer
The page is managed by Iñaki López Martín [imartin@.iue.it]. Web and Publications editor of the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies of the European University Institute, Via dei Roccettini 9, I50016 San Domenico (FI),
Tel.: +39-0554685-764 -
Author's Home Page
Please direct your notices of new URL's or inoperative links to him via email here
December 2, 2005