World Wide Web Virtual Library
(WWW-VL) central catalogue .
WWW-VL Search Facility.
History Index and
Sites Maintainers .
the WWW-VL History Index Network.
Institute's Library and
Civilisation Department Web Sites.
Finnish History Index
Archives, Archival Resources and Museums
[ Reference :
and Library Resources |
Journals and Resources |
and Discussion Forums |
Departments and Scientific Associations ]
[ Chronological :
[ Topical : |
[ Other :
Search Engines |
and the European Union |
and the Nordic Countries |
Archives, Archival Resources and
For more information on Regional Archives, click
- Archival Database of the National Archives Service of
- The main objective of this database has been to create an
information system, which will contain all the information necessary to the
functions of the National Archives Service and to the information provided by
this Service. The online archival information can be searched by: name/names of
the records creators; the unit date and class of the records creators; the name
of the repository of the National Archives Service.
- Agricola - The Finnish History Network: http://www.utu.fi/agricola/e/
- Compiled List of Finnish Archives on the Net:
- Here you can find perhaps the most comprehensive list of all
archives accessible, at least to a certain level, through the Web in
- Finnish Social Science Data Archive: http://www.fsd.uta.fi/english/index.html
- The Finnish Social Science Data Archive (FSD) is a national
resource centre for social science research and teaching. It started to operate
from the beginning of 1999 as a separate unit within the University of Tampere.
FSD provides a wide range of services from data archiving to information
services. The main task for FSD is to increase the use of existing data in the
social sciences by disseminating data throughout Finland and also
- Muisti (=Memory) Data Base: http://kontti.helsinki.fi:8889/demo/owa/muisti_haku.haku_sivu?p_kieli=e
- Digitized material produced by: Helsinki University Library
(HYK), the National Archives of Finland (KA), the National Board of Antiquities
(MV), the Finnish Literature Society (SKS), Turku University Library (TYK) and
Åbo Akademi University (ÅA).
- Finnish Museum Association: http://www.museoliitto.fi/englanti/index.htm
- Its goals are to work for general improvement in the
circumstances in which museums operate, to develop related methods and
expertise, and to increase public interest in museums. The Association has also
published catalogues of Finnish museums since the 1930s.
- Finnish Parliamentary Archive: http://www.eduskunta.fi/kirjasto/Arkisto/Welcome.html
- Information on the archive and library of the Finnish Diet.
- Finnish Statistical Archive: http://www.stat.fi/tk/kk/arkisto.html
- Archive of Statistics Finland, including information on their
- Finnish Movie Archive: http://www.ses.fi/SEA/
- Archive of the Finnish State Council: http://www.vn.fi/vnk/suomi/vnk11f.htm#arkisto
- Archives of the Museum Department:
http://www.nba.fi/ARCHIVES/Infofin.htm - This collection of archives includes,
among others, archeological collection, historical archives, ethnological
- Finnish National Board of Antiquities:
http://www.nba.fi/Home.htm - The
National Board of Antiquities preserves Finland's material cultural heritage
and environment and collects and distributes knowledge of them. The Board is
also a cultural and research institution, which supports the work of Finnish
museums and related research.
- Central Archive of Finnish Business Life:
http://www.elka.fi/ - This archive holds all
the relevant documents on the Finnish business history, including the
possibility of doing searches of their holdings.
- Geological Survey of Finland:
- The role of the information services of the Geological Survey of Finland
(GTK) is to promote the transfer of geological information both internally and
externally. The information services include e.g. following units and
functions: publications, archives, online databases etc.
- Finnish Military Archive: http://www.sota-arkisto.fi/
- Registry of Emigration: http://www.utu.fi/erill/instmigr/fin/s_rekist.htm
- This registry already has over 400 000 entries to it, including data from
travel logs, passport lists etc.
- Archive of Civil Servants: http://www.th-arkisto.fi/
- Archive of Labor Unions: http://www.sak.fi/ay-arkisto/aya.htm
- Finnish Labor Archives:
http://www.tyark.fi/ - Founded in 1909, the
Finnish Labour Archives have collected together and collated archive material
and materials related to the heritage of the working class movement, both in
Finland and abroad, over a period of more than eighty years.
Return to the Top of the Page ] [
the Finnish History Index ]
[ WWW VL central catalogue ]
WWW VL Search Facility ] [
Main History Index and
Sites Maintainers ]
[ About the WWW VL History Index Network ]
[ EUI ] [
EUI Library ]
[ EUI's Department
of History and Civilisation ]
About the Finnish History Index
The Finnish History Index is made of different
pages which are always under construction. You will find Virtual Resources
produced in Finland together with world-wide Resources if they are dealing with
the history of Finland.
The URL of this page is
The Finnish History Index is a joint project
between the European University Institute's Library and
Civilisation Department .
The Finnish History Index was created
About the WWW VL and the WWW VL History Network
The World Wide Web Virtual Library is a
collection of subject related Websites maintained by institutions throughout
the world, each administering a different subject. The project is now managed
by an independent committee made up of maintainers of various subject areas.
For more information on the WWW-VL Main Project, go to [
http://vlib.org/AboutVL.html ] and for more information
on the History Network Project, go to
About the Maintainer
This site is managed by Juha Halin
Please direct your notices of new URL's
or inoperative links to him
Last updated: Sunday, September 1, 2002